DOH encourages use of COVID Alert PA app to fight COVID-19
Wear your mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. Oh, and download the app. The PA Department of Health (DOH) is encouraging Pennsylvanians to add their smart phone to the fight against COVID-19 by downloading the free COVID Alert PA app. As cases of COVID-19 increase rapidly across the region, this is another tool that can help keep you, your family, those we serve and those who serve beside you healthy.The app relies on users opting in to tell DOH how they feel. If a user reports any symptoms of the virus the app will provide information as to what to do next. Users also can opt in to receive alerts if they have had a potential exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and will be given advice on what to do next. The app is meant to support and augment traditional methods of contact tracing critical to containing the spread of infection. For those concerned about privacy, the app does not use GPS, location services or any movement or geographical information. It does not collect, transmit or store your personal information and is completely anonymous. The app works by detecting if users are in close contact with another app user using Bluetooth Low Energy technology. More information about the app is available on the DOH website.
How to download the COVID Alert PA app
- Download the app from the Google Play Store
- The app runs on phones running Android 6.0 or higher
- Download the app from the Apple App Store
- The app runs on the phones that support iOS 13.5 or higher
Pennsylvania mitigation measures lifted
COVID-19 mitigation measures have been lifted in Pennsylvania.
- The masking order will be lifted on June 28 or when 70 percent of adults are fully vaccinated, whichever comes first.
- Fully vaccinated Pennsylvanians may choose not to wear a mask, unless they are required by a business or organization.
- Businesses and individuals are encouraged to follow CDC safety guidance.
Source: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania